4-H Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Iredell County 4-H is hosting a pumpkin decorating contest for all 4-H’ers ages 5-18! Entries are due by October 23, 2020, at 5 p.m.! If you need assistance securing materials for this contest, please let us know.
Enter at: go.ncsu.edu/Iredell4-HPumpkinEntry
Read below for categories and rules.
- Pumpkin carving (no template) – youth can carve any type of pumpkin or gourd
- Pumpkin decorating – decoration ONLY; youth can attach any appropriate item to their pumpkin (paint, ribbon, markers, sequins, etc.)
- OPTIONAL: Story or poem – youth will need to make their pumpkin a character and write a story or poem that reflects that character
Each category will have the following age divisions:
- Cloverbud – 5-7 years old (not judged, all will receive social media recognition)
- 8-10 years old
- 11-13 years old
- 14-18 years old
Age division is determined by the youth’s age on January 1, 2020.
- Pumpkin must be completed by the 4-H’er.
- One pumpkin per 4-H’er only.
- Parents/guardians must make sure youth are enrolled in 4HOnline before submitting entries. This can be done at 4HOnline.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, October 30.
- Contest can be entered by any Iredell County 4-H’er, ages 5-18 (as of January 1, 2020).
- Stories or poems reflecting vulgar, controversial, social, religious, or political opinions or statements will not be accepted.
- Stories or poems should be at least 4 sentences long and no more than 1 page.
- You must submit at least one photo of your pumpkin. Max of 3 photos.
- 4-H themes, slogans, and logos are recommended but NOT required.
- No copyrighted images.
- Judges’ decisions are final. Judging will be completed without 4-H’er names attached.
- Photos of the winning pumpkins and youth first name and age category will be posted on the Iredell County 4-H Facebook page.