4-H Leader & Volunteer Resources
Become a 4-H Volunteer Today!
- Contact Taylor Jenkins, the Iredell County 4-H Agent, to share your interest in becoming a 4-H volunteer and to learn about upcoming volunteer needs.
- Complete a 4-H Volunteer Application through 4HOnline.
- Complete the necessary background screening required by the 4-H program. Instructions will be provided to you after your application has been submitted.
- Participate in any orientation/training necessary for your volunteer role.
- Share your excitement, inspiration, compassion, and patience with the 4-H youth you will be reaching!
**Please Note: All 4-H volunteers who work directly with youth in any unsupervised capacity (i.e., club leaders chaperones, etc.) are required to complete and pass a background check and have a current Volunteer Application on file with their local 4-H office. Until the background check is completed, your 4HOnline application cannot be approved. It will show as pending, but will update to approved once the background check is returned clear.
Steps to Starting a 4-H Club
- Contact Taylor Jenkins to discuss the possibilities and your interest in starting a club.
- At least one volunteer must submit a 4-H volunteer application and complete the background screening process outlined above in the “Become a 4-H Volunteer Today!” section.
- Participate in orientation and training through the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Buncombe County office.
- Recruit interested families and club members. Hold your first 4-H meeting and complete the necessary enrollment for youth. Vote on a name, elect officers, and plan your first 6 months of meetings. (*Note: This cannot happen until the 4-H volunteer application and background check has been completed!)
- Work with Taylor to complete your club charter paperwork.
- Congratulations, you are an official N.C. 4-H club!
You can find 4-H curriculum resources in a variety of places:
Contact Taylor Jenkins if there is curriculum you are interested in but don’t see.
Reach out to Taylor Jenkins, Iredell County 4-H Agent, with any questions at email@example.com or 704-873-0507.